Re: To Flash Or Not To Flash...

by Nathan <natelyle(at)chartermi.net>

 Date:  Thu, 25 Apr 2002 22:58:53 -0400
 To:  HWG Techniques Email List <hwg-techniques(at)hwg.org>
  todo: View Thread, Original
>The new Flash 6 (MX) player has the ability to recognise, what Flash calls,
>named anchors.
>This means that you can now bookmark different parts of a Flash animation,
>whereas before you could only bookmark the page that the Flash sat in.
>Flash MX also includes the ability to make text within a Flash animation
>available to audio browsers and screen readers.

Very important (and seemingly) necessary upgrades to the technology. I
assume with the markers, that it's then up to the designer to "mark" the
spots that are bookmarkable? Like defining anchors on a page that links
around itself? That seems like it still may miss some of the typical use of
bookmarking pages. Though I'm not sure I can explain that, my gut reaction.

~Nathan Lyle

E-mail: natelyle(at)chartermi.net
Web: http://www.nathanlyle.com
Phone: (906)485-4806

"In the beginning the Universe was created. This has made a lot of people
very angry and been widely regarded as a bad move." - Douglas Adams. The
Hitch Hiker's Guide to the Galaxy, Introduction.